Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
Run Silent - Second that. Lovely looking bike too. Are you going 29er? Also black Friday is either happening or happening soon so don`t buy before you are sure it`s not going on offer
Thanks! I currently run 27.5" - I am a pretty short guy, so it helps get the standover height down for me. On the small frame, though, Trek offers both 27.5 and 29. Inventory is so insane right now, I will really just take either - which ever they can get. Wait right now to get what you want on order is mid 2023!

Due to the insane supply issue right now on bikes, black friday won't have any impact. It's hard enough to simply find a bike - no one is giving any discounts at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
There’s a comfort level in buying Trek because they’re one of the biggest bike companies around with arguably the most extensive dealer/distribution network in the USA. Components are pretty high-end for the money too.

The only thing you should look into, if you haven’t already, is whether it’s worth it to you to spend more money on a CF frame bike.
Yeah - I've thought about it. Really though - main benefit of carbon is weight - and I am at least 20lbs overweight, so I can drop a few pounds off the rider for free vs paying for it on the bike, lol.

Yeah - I'm not opposed to other brands - but I like Trek and there is a Trek factory store in my local town that is awesome and where I bought my last bike and my daughter's bike - so I have a good relationship with them and want to stay with the brand.