View Single Post
      11-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #41
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

The point many of you seem to be missing in this whole BMW as a brand vs. Corvette arguement is that Corvettes are not luxurious. In a BMW you are paying for more than just the speed. You pay for the creature comforts, because they are daily driver cars. You pay for the brand, because BMW has great customer service and one of the best warranties anywhere. And yes, you also pay for the performance as well. Its the whole package. Drive it from work to the track and back.

Corvette Z06's are bought for one of 2 purposes. Tracking, or mid-life crisis. Yes the latter is a stereotype. And yes, its true. A Z06 is horrible on the road. Anyone over the age of 30 would probably develope severe physical problems using a Z06 as a daily driver. If you bought one to track, kudos. You bought a great track car.

But as an actually road-going driver's car I am still not impressed by it. Its the same thing with the Viper ACR. Great track car, dirt cheap for the performance, horrible driver's car. We could even take things a step further. Get a Ariel Atom. Probably cheaper than a Z06 if they sold them in the US. Then you would be getting near F1 performance. But also, even less human considerations. No windshield for example. I would be inclined to buy a Atom because it's performance is so far out there. But the Corvette, while fast as it is, is not that amazing. Plus, everything else surrounding the brand is just not appealing.

I'm sorry your sick of the BMW fanbois. Maybe you should GET OFF BMW SPECIFIC FORUMS? I imagine you can get plenty of open opinions on 6speed.com. Never the less, what I'm saying isn't blind loyalty either though. I do make a decent point. BMW offers fun. They are driving enthusiasts' cars, not race cars.