View Single Post
      04-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #19
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Are you that naive to believe darling media teams and NBA superstars don't get preferential treatment by the refs? Or are you just blind and too far atop the gsw bandwagon?
It's ok to feel great when your team is winning , even when calls go their way. Admitting that fact means you're a real fan. Anyone watching that video thinks those are good plays, even if the refs missed called or simply ignored it simply have no business being a fan
I am a Spurs fan, but when calls go their way and are obviously bad, I wouldn't hesitate to bring it up. But hey we got away with it so that's OK.
Just don't go and blame fans of apposing teams of being butthurt and making up imaginary noncalls going the warriors way
I'm not quite sure what part of my post pissed you off. I agree that refs give preferential treatment. What I am saying is calls go both ways. I'm sure a video could be assembled that shows a bunch of plays where the refs' calls went against GS. I'm also saying that opinions about a given call tend to follow party lines. Go to YouTube on any controversial call in any sport and look at the wide variety of comments on the very same video. I mean, its hard to believe all those commenters are even looking at the same video. While a fan of a team will sometimes call out his/her own team, mostly the comments about a controversial play align the team. That is all I'm saying. Therefore, it's no surprise that fans of other teams think GS gets special treatment by the refs. That's just how it goes.

I meant it when I said I am not a technical expert. As a casual fan who goes to a game a couple of times a year, I am not an expert at what constitutes a moving screen. I'm still trying to figure out what constitutes traveling for crying out loud. I see guys carrying the ball like a bag of groceries down the aisle at the store and they don't get called. And I really did mean it that the refs should call plays right so the winning team wins fair and square.

As far as being on the GS bandwagon, whatever that is, I was born in San Francisco and lived here for most of my life. As such, I am a fan of the Warriors. If that's being on a bandwagon so be it.

I started this thread to simply congratulate the Warriors for an incredible season. They won their division. They set a new record for most games one in a season. They have some talented players who are playing very well. Heck, they even beat San Antonio at home for the first time in a long time. All the talk in the world about favoritism and bad calls being the reason is pretty much expected but it doesn't change the outcome at all.

Not that you asked but I will give it to you anyway. When I was 10 years old my Little League manager gathered the team at the beginning of the season and said that he didn't want to hear any whining about bad calls or he would bench the player that whined. He said, "Bad calls happen. You need play well enough so bad calls don't change the outcome of the game." Pretty smart man I'd say.