GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
i am not sure what your problem is, the new c63 is a total unknown it could blow away the m3/4 in every cat. but there is nothing wrong with trying something new for a change of pace
+1 - here's my problem with MB: I hate their interiors and I hate their transmissions.

I appreciate a good interior, but I don't need a bentley, i.e. in the M4 the I think the standard leather is fine - to me everything looks and feels high quality (but I ordered full).

Not so with the Benzs I've been in lately. They have carbon fiber and leather etc but it all feels super cheap to me - like wood veneer or something. The buttons move around a little bit, the leather feels plastic-y, and the build quality seems questionable.

I'm with you on the M4 engine, but only on paper as I've not driven it, and I'm hopeful that the mid-pipe work out there in a video is an example of a sound fix.

Add it all up and, for me, the equation doesn't balance: the benz would need a dual clutch and a much upgraded interior. Even so I'm probably giving up dynamics in the twisties over the M4, and the performance may be similar. Unless you're in love with the MB brand there's not enough there to justify the risk IMO.
Appreciate 0