View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Let me tell you the best and worst home insurance companies.

I have a side business in restoration mainly dealing with insurance companies. In a nut shell I'm a contractor specializing in home owners claims. After doing this for 5 short years you realize what insurance companies treat their customers well and the majority of others who go the extra mile to deny valid claims, provide little to no compensation for their loss, play the waiting game, hire "experts" who are far from objective and without merit repeatedly side with the insurance companies. The list can go on and on.

Feel free to ask questions, I'm not saying I'm a bona fide expert but I know just enough to get myself killed. (Expression in the fire dept)

(A)INSURANCE COMPANIES
AMICA
CHUBBS

(B)...... no Bs

(B-)
USAA

(C-)
LIBERTY
TRAVELERS
STATE FARM
HOMESITE (Geico)
NATIONWIDE
PROGESSIVE
THE HARTFORD
CINCINNATI

(D AND F)
METLIFE
FARMERS
Allstate
MAPFRE

*Missing from the list are many small cap insurance companies, these are hit and miss but for the most part they treat customers well. An added benefit is most small companies hire a 3rd party adjusters. This is an independent agent who initially submits an estimate of loss after their damage inspection is complete. They don't have meetings like most staff adjusters to limit/minimize estimates or out right deny a claim playing the odds that many insured will not fight the first denial.

Other then Amica, Cubbs and maybe USAA if your house burns down you will be in litigation. Now if you have the money to hold out during that time you will win eventually, receiving the proper funds to rebuild. On the other hand if you don't (like most Americans) chances are you get well below market price and your damage will be greatly underestimated.