View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #191
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
How hilly is your yard and do you plan on towing a lot of ground engaging implements or plowing?

While the K66 is stronger, the K46 isn't exactly a toothpick. It can be serviced by dropping it out of the machine (4 bolts, 2 pins and a belt). I have a few family members with them and they have over 500 hours.
It's gradually sloped for drainage but nothing very cumbersome. The most sloped spots are next to the end of my driveway and the back easement.

I have a side-load garage and the lawn area adjacent to the end of the driveway is sloped quite a bit. I don't even think I'd try to run a lawn tractor over it. Wrt the back easment, the slope down into the drainage run isn't horrible and I figure that'd be mowed lateral to the slope so I wasn't fighting uphill. Wrt the upward slope at the back of the yard, I don't even take care of it. My plan is to tear it out for tallgrass and other plantings (eventually). Any mowing in the meantime would be perpindicular to the slope as well. I attached some crappy cell phone pix taken at a bad time of day for reference.

I assume not since even JD uses it in the X3xx-series up to the...380, I believe. It's just been hard to gauge how much people have overused it from all the online posts/forums/reviews I've seen. Since I see it as a weak point in my trade-off, I just wanted to know what options were out there.

Ground implements, no. Occasionally pulling a dump cart and core aerator, yes.
Attached Images