View Single Post
      10-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #210
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Hehe i mean it's cool to make jokes about EV's. They're not for everyone.

Until more and more of these things happening as the years go by, until ICE goes bye bye LOL

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/new...hicles/633041/

Chit is getting serious now mangs!!
Oh I dunno, I LOVE EV's, especially model 3 drivers! Just to the other day an arrogant model 3 driver tried to pass me on the freeway on-ramp. The look on his face in the rearview mirror when he couldn't pass my 10 year old 182k mile X5 was priceless! Although to be honest the fowl look could have been from the smoke, it runs a bit rich at full throttle. Gotta work on that.

That's the thing about EV's, unless you have a special deal with Daddy Musk, I know EXACTLY how fast you are, and you can do NOTHING (short of rip your seats out and take off your doors lol) to make your car faster, but you never know how fast a ICE car is, the mod possibilities are ENDLESS. And no, speed mods are never going be accepted on EV's by big brother. In fact, the days of 1000+ hp EV's will be short lived. I give it 5 years before mandatory geo-fenced Horsepower laws are enacted and soon after EV horsepower limits on all new cars/trucks. The only question is how many people have to die before it is done.

Don't get me wrong, I see EV's as inevitable over a long enough period of time, it is only logical. What is not logical is the ham-fisted draconian hard-stop enforcement instead of allowing the markets, manufacturing, jobs, and infrastructure to naturally adapt. It's almost like it's being fueled by narcissistic misanthropic asshat leaders being emotionally manipulated....but I digress...

I am probably wrong and it will be fine, if there is one thing in this world we can trust, is that our leaders have carefully thought this through and did no act out of irrational emotion when selecting the 2035 date. It clearly gives us enough time to make the massive infrastructure changes needed to facilitate this goal without quadrupling energy prices along the way. I mean it's 13 years away, plenty of time right? It's not like this would trigger every auto manufacturer to trip over themselves to completely phase out ICE in the next 5...oh wait.

BuTyOuCanChaRgEatNiGhT!!!!....how's that work in the summer in states like AZ again? Let's see you not run your AC at night in June in Phoenix. What happens when there is incoming national disaster or holiday and everyone is rushing to fully charge? The fact is the grid is not ready for this and it's going to take much longer then the magical hard stop 2035 to get it sorted without drastic energy cost increases. But hey, what do I know and perhaps 2500 dollar monthly electric bills for the average house and EV are no big thing? Gov can just subsidize it, printing monies has no ill effects as the past year has clearly shown right?

*This spot reserved for future "told ya so" when the rolling blackouts start hitting and target date is pushed back*

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 10-01-2022 at 10:29 AM..
Efthreeoh17365.00
lakefront560.50
zx10guy5149.50
nicholasn261.00