old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3adm View Post
The car is a E91 318D 2011.
That's why I haven't sent it off yet as usually the common fault is hydro related and the code is related to the rear ABS speed sensor.

I have driven the car with INPA running and the rear speed sensor is definitely not showing any signs of communication.

Will have to check more thoroughly as you have stated, nightmare not having traction control or ABS especially with this weather, luckily not had too much snow or ice around here!
Cheers for the advice buddy!
i don't know the INPA system, what codes it pulls out but the description does lead you to the rear offside its very specific (don't know about the accident refrence - but at a guess its terminology relates to how it's been triggered ) therefore it's worth re checking the rear offside, we've seen a few 1's and 3's with driveshaft issues though no LCI's there usually anything from an 05 plate say to a 08 plate and there mainly 4 cylinder vehicles though I have seen a 325d with the issue too.

If it's inconclusive then to be sure find a place like us who can use Autologic which will I suspect easily narrow the fault down.

If this proves to be driveshaft reluctor ring related, I'd be shocked and at that age if proven I'd look at asking BMW GB a question re longevity but look at everything.