View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #2328
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep

Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Those options were not left off of the F87 arbitrarily. They were not present because the F87 is based on the F22, and that product does not have those features available. Let's remember that the M Division is in charge of building Series products into performance machines. They don't add luxury and tech goodies. Those things need to be integrated into the DNA of the vehicle from the start, and it would be a waste of M Division's resources to get involved in all of those details. So, if you want more of that than the Series model provides, you will indeed have to step up to a higher tier on the BMW food chain once again.

All that is to say, if the G42 does not have HUD and surround view cameras (and I'm not saying it won't), and those things are high enough priority to you that their absence overshadows what will probably be the very last small BMW coupe with a manual transmission, then you can safely ignore the future G87 before we even see it without camouflage.
Trust me, I understand how it works. But offering basically 4 options on your top-tier model in that line was quite a buzzkill at the price point. It was basically a tuned M235i. At least now the M2C has a competent engine. But I'd hope that the G87 has something more to offer than relying on people getting it because it's the //M with the shortest wheel base.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
mkoesel7511.50