Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3 DCT | Lotus Evora 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
I don't believe that for a second:

- BMW's already unofficially stated that a coupe version of the Z5 is not going to be released immediately, alongside the roadster. What has been officially said is that to help keep the Supra and Z5 as distinct from each other as possible, the Z5 will be a roadster only, and the Supra will be a coupe only, at least for the initial production year of both.
- Exterior design details of the coupe shown differ significantly from the roadster. It's much more sculpted, much more organic, and much more, well, "Toyota" than the roadster, which reminds me of a cross between a stretched S2000 and a shrunken, slightly taller Vantage. It's a clean roadster design. The coupe has no provision for double kidneys, the roadster's windshield is slightly more curved, the trunk lip is far more rounded on the coupe, etc.
- Both mules appear to share the same taillights; a grafted-on circular LED array a la Ferrari. What this tells me is that they are meant to hide actual taillight designs, which are probably still in development by both parties. What this also tells me is that certain design cues -- both exterior and interior -- are likely being jointly worked on, such as the very-Toyota gauges and the very-BMW steering wheel and visible HVAC controls in the coupe mule.

Finally: Car and Driver agrees that it's a Supra.
Someone who gets it

Instagram: boostedtrav_
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Viffermike1753.00
JonnyM3231.00
supra932474.00