03-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualvic View Post
Would not consider 91 crappy! Are these bms tunes based only on the grade of fuel? Truly BS if you base the hp/TQ highly on the fuel...... then call it a fuel enhancement performance... not a performance tune.
I totally agree about the low grade fuel.

We are very fortunate to have an abundance of your equivalent of 93-94AKI here in Australia. Non Ethanol 98RON.

To me it looks as though the tune works both ways. It's a performance tune AND works better with higher quality fuel.

Looking at the S2 figures with 91AKI, the car still perfumed considerably better than stock, Stage 1 & 91, so there's your performance enhancement. Although it has yet to be proven (a formality) the same S2 with 93/94AKI (98RON) should (read will) perform with improved results, based on S1 figures.

So the BMS N20 piggyback tune is both a performance and fuel grade enhancement tune. The best of both worlds!!

Then we have even better results with the ER cat free down pipe - albeit pretty much illegal on the street. So we need yet another tune classification for replacement parts.

I look forward to S2.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0