View Single Post
      12-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #81
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AST View Post
I love how every person on this board 'automatically' knows what cars other members have or haven't driven. 'You're positive' are you?! Is there some sort of crystal ball that you get if you purchase a premium e90post subscription? Why didn't I get the memo?
You do lose creditability when quoting Clarkson at face value. Everyone knows on Top Gear he is entertainer first and serious automotive journalist second. Furthermore, if Cayman doesn't cut the mustard then a E90 with a "step" won't be anywhere near the mustard

He said these about the 3 series
Quote:
As usual BMW claims that it’s an all-new car and that every panel is different from the saloon’s. But it still looks dull. You’d only really want to get inside it if you were being chased by an armed gang from Shining Path.

As a driver’s car, then, this is yet another winner. But I still wouldn’t buy one.

You need to think of it as a painting by the world’s greatest artist. Yes, the brush strokes are magnificent. Yes, the texture is superb. Yes, the perspective is world class and the detailing is better than you’d get from Leonardo.

But what he’s actually painted in this case is big dog turd.
Perhaps at this point you should start thinking about selling the dog turd? Problem with quoting Clarkson is he's fickle, he will say anything controversial to stir the pot and create commotion .

Last edited by Robert; 12-05-2010 at 10:02 PM..