View Single Post
      12-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #79
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
According to JD powers and consumer report Cayman/Boxster is the most reliable Porsche and Porsche itself is usually #1 or #2 in car manufacturer ranking list. It's not without flaws, yes. I have spent some time on their forum but think quality in-terms of Lexus level.

Congrats to the owner I think I will make this move next year. I switched from 135i to a is350 last year because it being the most unreliable car I have ever driven. Now I am missing the clutch and getting a little tired of the weight of the car every time I turn in. Cayman will fit the bill nicely. May consider a TPC turbo bolt on kit when I need more power, 485hp on a sub 3000lb car will be more than sufficient.
I'm also fairly certain Clarkson does all that so he can command an income/pay for food on the table.

Its his style -- he sells because of his provocative style (as so money Britons do), its in their culture -- English people/culture are masters of management and dealing with people; very smooth yet somehow very firm and strong. He has this brash swagger that sells -- without that he would be unemployed.

Another master of presentation/class with tremendous people skill is Tiff Needell, but he has a lot more class than Clarkson.

So yea I wouldn't take what he says seriously - it really is just opinion. Clarkson loves Ferraris and what not, but the simple reality is they are tough to afford, break down a lot, and expensive to maintain. Of course if you choose the most expensive car it will often be the best!!! No shocker there!