12-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #74
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Have you ever driven on a track?

I love the Panamera. It's lightweight for its size, and a feather relative to direct class competitors. The F10 535i's curb is somewhere around 4050 pounds. The Panamera V6 is just a hair under 3900, with a wheelbase that's a couple inches shorter but a greater overall body length. I'd blame the F10's heavy figures on the intensive use of steel (not a fan of BMW going the steel route with all the new F-series cars. They're becoming the heavyweight in every class, even heavier than relative Audis with their AWD systems).

Anyways, my point is, there is absolutely no way in hell anybody can compare a Panamera to a Cayman. It's like comparing an M5 to a Z4M. The M5 might be quick for its size, but it lacks the short wheelbase and light curb weight, sapping all the fun out of pushing it to its limits.
Yea man...I opened up several tabs and responded to the wrong one.

I just found out that the Panamera 4 is 90 KG heavier than my 335xi. We have a Panny 4 as well.

Damn, THAT is impressive for a 4 door saloon -- that is also why the 300 HP and 300 torques is sufficient; the damn car is lighter than a 5 series. Its expensive for what it is -- but thats badge money! Or perhaps it can be said its the money that makes it so light.