gatoman39
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Gato.............I thought you got a new Tire and Rim (because of the chip). Was it just the rim?

A Screw or Nail in the location you had is very repairable....as long as the guys doing the work don't screw something else up....like damaging a rim or knocking off the internal portion of the pressure sensor. Also need to make absolutely sure that the wheels are properly balanced. I always ask for their top expert to do the job, having had too many experiences in the past where they put some kid on it, and result with having to do it all over again.
Just a new rim. They patched the tire. Strangely enough a new tire is almost as much as a new rim, yeah Run Flats! Yeah I checked out the weights on the old rim, and the new one had the same weights on the same position, so I was satisfied. The tire shop also gave me a $100 credit towards my next purchase, which was a nice gesture. I also asked if I could keep the damaged rim, but they send they needed to give the core back to BMW dealer to get a credit for the new rim, so no such luck there.
Appreciate 0