View Single Post
      12-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #153
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
I think most owners on Rennlist say the GT3 is more agile, nimble, and better steering. Some former Turbo S owners say the car is heavy, a bit soft, some turbo lag, and non-existent sound. One guy said the Turbo S transmission upshifts are slow and is a turd versus the transmission in the GT3. One new GT3 owner said the car doesn’t have much torque below 6K RPM. However, GT3 typically has a lot less depreciation than a Turbo S.

I enjoy agile and nimble cars, so I would choose a GT3. Problem is I’m down on the list and can’t get an allocation until 2023 if at all.
They're 2 very different purpose built cars. The GT3 is also nearly 400lbs lighter. You can daily a Turbo S and not be miserable, can't say the same on the GT3. Saw 3 2022 GT3's in person yesterday at a Porsche dealer waiting for their owners to take delivery and it's just very crude. I truly can appreciate it, just not for my liking. Upshifts need to be drug out to stay on top of boost also. Circuit racing is supercharger territory, turbos belong on top speed applications. This is why the GT and ZR1 both performed so well being supercharged. The GT2RS is in a different league of TT applications.

Last edited by Bimmersandmopars; 12-24-2021 at 07:15 PM..
AlexFL7837.00
Murf99314114.00
Hegge880.00