12-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #52
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-...n=awdailydrive

Quote:
Lauda admitted he is even a little angry.

"On one hand, you have to accept if Nico wants to go," he said. "But on the other, Nico signed a two-year contract with us in August. What bothers me is that Nico tells us that if he had not become world champion, he would have gone on. I think he could at least have hinted at this when he agreed to the contract. He says he just wanted to be champion and then stop, but the problem is that he never gave any signals that this was his concept. After all, 1,200 people of the F1 division at Mercedes gave him every opportunity to become world champion with a super car. And then he gave us his resignation overnight.

"This lone decision of Nico's -- and I mean everyone at Brackley and with Mercedes and many people who have worked closely with him, his engineers and mechanics -- has ripped a giant hole in this excellent working team," said Lauda.
So Hamilton accuses the team of not treating both drivers equally/fairly and then his "bad luck" isn't always luck. Then Hamilton doesn't follow team orders because it isn't in his best interest, then Nico does what is best for him. So we now understand that both the employers and the employees are probably all going to do what is best for them. Only part of this that surprises me is that each group acts surprised.

Not sure how Lauda thinks while he was signing a new contract that Nico could have hinted he was possibly going to retire but this was only possible if he won the World Championship.