View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 12:13 AM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

This is a touchy subject for me.

My daughter has been in private school for day care since this whole mess started. The school never shut down. They took precautions and adjusted as the situation changed with the stats on infection, hospitalizations, and deaths. From March till now, not one issue with any of the kids contracting this virus. Not one incident of any of the faculty coming up positive. This private school was able to figure it out, but the idiots at the public school system had since March to figure out something with no school in session. Then they wait till the last minute to spring their half assed plan leaving parents scrambling to figure out what to do with only weeks before the scheduled start of school.

My daughter has an IEP. No consideration from the public school system about kids in her situation. Where kids with IEPs require physical in class instruction to progress.

The public school system asked parents to vote on if they want distance learning or a hybrid approach. Votes were cast but the school system chose to ignore the 40% (their admitted number which with all that has happened I question if it can be trusted) of parents that voted for a hybrid approach. This left me scrambling at the last minute to secure a spot for my daughter in the kindergarten program in the private school she is currently going for pre-k/day care.

I'm just lucky that I can afford to pay for the education for my daughter to continue to progress. I can sympathize for those families that can't afford to do what I'm doing. I'm of the feeling that if the schools are not going to follow the science which has been put out there by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the CDC, then the money that would have gone to running the schools should be given to parents to put their kids in alternate schooling. Because of the ineptness of the school board, I'm now locked in to paying 10 months of private school tuition that I hadn't planned on doing.
Torgus3781.50