07-10-2020, 08:14 AM   #2243
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
What's a good entry point?
IMO this is the best entry point right now. $0.67 for a company that has Google on the ropes. A $2B settlement could shoot the stock price up to $12. I've been holding ~17k shares @.37 for almost 2 years and I'm buying more every paycheck. They also have pending lawsuits against Inphi and SKHynix, among others.

Netlist Prevails against Google at the U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
ACCESSWIRE ACCESSWIRE•June 16, 2020
IRVINE, CA / ACCESSWIRE / June 16, 2020 / Netlist, Inc. (NLST) announced that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (Federal Circuit) has affirmed the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board's (PTAB) decision upholding the validity of Netlist's U.S. 7,619,912 (‘912) patent. The ruling came after last week's oral hearing before a three-judge panel at the Federal Circuit and pending an appeal granted by the Supreme Court of the U.S., the decision is final and binding on future cases.

"For ten years Netlist has steadfastly opposed Google's misguided campaign to invalidate the ‘912 patent," said Netlist's CEO, C.K. Hong. "We are very pleased that in the end the appellate court made it clear that the claims of this seminal patent are indeed valid and in so doing, further vindicate our decade-long defense of the company's strategic intellectual property. We will now move to lift the stay in the patent infringement lawsuit against Google in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CA., in order to recover current and past damages related to the ‘912 patent."

In response to Netlist's 2009 complaint, Google first filed its petition for reexamination of the '912 patent in 2010 and was later joined in its effort by Inphi and Smart Modular. On January 31, 2019 PTAB denied Google's request for a rehearing of the PTAB's previous decision upholding the validity of the '912 patent claims. The PTAB's extensive rehearing decision adopted Netlist's positions on the claims and rejected Google's invalidity arguments involving the specific use of rank-selecting signals for rank multiplication.

Netlist believes that the teachings of the '912 patent can be found in various DDR3 and DDR4 server DIMMs (Dual Inline Memory Module) as well as future products that will be produced under the DDR5 server DIMM standards currently being established by the industry.