View Single Post
      07-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #7
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I think you guys are being a little too quick to shit on Phil.

What did you expect to happen? The Knicks right now have nothing going for them except for Melo. Building a team back up without any young talent doesn't happen over one season. Rondo and Lopez would be good fits for them though, Melo has to pick it up and do some recruiting.

Listen man, the whole organization sucks.
Anyone who fololw basketball with any observant eye know the knicks demise came about when Cablevision bought MSG and got the Knicks with it and father Dolan gave his black sheep son the "sports" division to keep him happy.

this happened in 1999 going into 2000 and that was the end of the Knicks.

the lone bright spot since them was when Donnie Walsh came and cleared cap space, drafted a ton of young players and NY'ers had a team they could cheer built around Stoudemire.
Melo Came along and it was downhill from there

here is what Phil did that was terrible. he traded away ALL of the Knicks assets for nada, nothing!
what did they get back for Tyson Chandler that made sense. Dalambert who couldn't last half a season and a PG past his prime and out of shape?
For a former DPOY and NBA champion who is still good enough to have signed another fat contract in Phoenix?

Why was Iman Shumpert traded? you have a young defensive minded player and you Trade him away for nothing? then go out looking for the same kind of player in the free agent market?

Here is another thing Phil did that was terrible. Hire Derek Fisher to coach. Fisher had Zero coaching experience and weeks before becoming a head coach was playing in OKC.
why not Mark Jackson? why not Patrick Ewing, why not any one of the many experiences coaches who were available? shouldnt it be that with all the money available to spend you strive for the best?
was Fisher the best Phil and the Knicks could get as a Coach.

Here is another Dumb thing that Fans ignore. Phil was a great Coach. he is not coaching now, If Phil had decided to Coach for a year or two, maybe the Knicks would have gotten free agents, because they would be playing for a coach who is a proven winner and knows how to get the most out of his players. but no , if you come to the Knicks you are playing not for Phil but for Derek Fisher....BIG DIFFERENCE

As for Melo, he should shut up. he had a chance to sign in Chicago and he chose to stay in NY./ He chose money over contending, so take your money and shut up.
If I were him, when he was a FA, my argument to the Knicks would have been simple. Either Phil sign up to Coach for two years or i'm not coming back as being 30 yrs old I'm not playing for a rookie Coach.
If he refuse I call a press conference, tell the fans goodbye, explain that i gave them a chance to keep me by requesting Phil Coach as it would give us the best chance to compete and he refuse so I wanna win a championship and i am going were I got the best chance to win.

Greatness isnt making excuses for failure, it is finding a way to get the Job done. So far every single person associated with the Knicks keep cutting checks and failing the organization

Dolan is one bloody Idiot!