View Single Post
      02-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #6
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I'm always amazed by their reported long-term dependability as well, BUT is it really that good or perhaps representative to the others in the field? The reason I ask is because most Porsche owners hardly drive their 911s and Cayman/Boxsters it seems. How many Porsche owners do you know putting 5K+ miles a year on their 911/Cayman/Boxsters? LOL. I'd LOVE to get a later model 911 or Cayman S, but the serviceability of the later model cars is terrible for most DIYers because of engine packaging and the costs to repair are downright astronomical along with specialty tools, and electronics (even worse than BMW). God help you if you had anything go wrong with the motor in a late model Porsche. 80s and 90s era 911s are insanely expensive to fix and it seems like they ALL need motor rebuilds at 80K miles and they leak terribly. Are the later model cars a lot better?