captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
This (bold/underlined above) sums it up perfectly , that's why I said we shouldn't try to confuse performance and driving enjoyment when debating pros and cons of each.
The fact that there was a consensus that MTs were enjoyable does not imply that DCTs were not and in fact nobody in the discussion said that although it was agreed that it was a different experience.

The fact that you enjoy something does not mean everyone else does or should. Millions of people enjoy watching sports. I personally don't. I have lived in NYC for over 30 years and have been to one Yankees game and one Mets game. I was totally bored while surrounded by thousands of cheering fans.

Depending on the car I enjoy driving both MTs and ATs. For my use of a car the performance differences are a non issue.

What each of us find fun and enjoyable or dull and boring is a personal opinion not an absolute statement of fact.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England