08-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #36
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Huge damage to bmw's rep in Korea they even designated separate parking area for BMW owners to park their cars because noone wants to even park near any BMWs thats how bad it is in Korea now
Yeah they have 30-45 minute segments EVERY NIGHT now on the news detailing this crisis. It gets blared in my face at the gym every night it's getting a little annoying. My girlfriend's apartment complex banned BMW's in the parking garage and they have to park outside where there isn't any parking to begin with. Many, many apartment complexes have BMW only parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkmtchll View Post
South Korea is worried about a few BMWs when their own hospitals don't have fire suppression systems. I lived there for 3 years, Korea has no right to talk about anything safety wise.
That's actually not true, all the hospital's I've been to have fire suppression systems. I've been here 4 years and counting. While building codes and safety standards aren't the same as the US, it's still a first world country. And it's not a "few" BMW's, it affects over 100,000 models in country. I think people have a right to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
Did you live in the country? At least they do have significantly advanced medical resources to be provided at much cheaper price than us when they get burnt
This is definitely true, my coworker spent 10 days in the hospital, private room and everything, and the hospital stay plus meds when he left were extremely cheap. He paid $6 out of pocket. Try THAT in the states... Another coworker's daughter had scoliosis surgery and spent 14 days in the hospital and spent $1,800 out of pocket....