View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
unter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i basic black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataready View Post
I first coded the ASS to (last state) and had it off (orange key light ON) so the engine will NOT turn off when car stops. When I start the engine, the car goes into comfort by default but if I switched to eco pro the ASS kicks in (orange key light off) and engine turns off when the car stops (at a stop light for example).
Later on I wanted the eco pro to be always the default, so if you think about what I said above, having the ASS to go to (last state) does not make sense, so I reversed that to ASS always off and here is what I got: 1- upon finishing the coding, got an error saying (car traction system destabilized) and traction control light came on, the error disappeared after car off/on cycle. 2- upon starting the car now, it defaults to eco pro mode with ASS off (orange key light ON). 3- If I switch to comfort or sport mode the ASS stays off (orange key light ON) but as soon I return the car to eco pro mode, the ASS goes on (orange key light OFF) and I have to push the Auto button once to disable ASS again if I do not want the engine to stop when the car stop moving.
4- prior to all that, the default reading on the instrument cluster was to whatever it was before the engine was turned off, now after the eco pro mode is the default, the reading on the instrument cluster is defaulted to miles remaining to refuel (range) xxxx miles no matter where you left it before. Hope that answered your question.
I would be interested in setting ECO PRO as default mode. How? In other forums it is referring only to ASS via coding.
Appreciate 0