View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #20
Conissah
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
This isn't their first, years ago they also sold a Ram SRT10! The question really is where is GM?
Sleeping. I got into a discussion about this with some buddies. GM is missing 2 huge markets currently, the Jeep/Bronco market (b/c the Blazer was a flop), and the performance truck category. The Raptor sells like hot cakes because it was the only one in the market. Now that the TRX is here, it will definitely poach a ton of sales. GM could definitely bring something cool to the table if they ZR2-ified the Silverado/Sierra. They already have a supercharged V8, ZL1 motor, that would likely fit into the engine bay. Throw that in there, the 8 speed auto, and some of the DSSV shocks on a full size, would be a great addition to the (now) 2 offerings.

What I feel the truck market is also missing is a "performance" oriented mid size truck. If they made a ZR2 with more power, or even a V8, I'm betting it would sell great as well. Lower price, smaller truck (easier for trails), still great towing, etc. THAT would be sweet.
stein_325i25076.00