View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #332
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Lately, our defense has failed us more than the goaltender. 1 of the 2 goals he gave up last night was not even his fault.

Any goaltender can struggle, but if you've won a Cup, you're certified. He's played well, but so has Kari.
Stars have a good of chance as everybody for champion--they finished top seed in the West and led the conference several times, but having defensive breakdowns and a goalie who is responsible for 1 of two goals will not cut it. Any player can make mistakes which lead to scoring chances, but when the goalie does it ends up a goal.

For Stars to win against likely opponent such as Blues they will need to: get a lead, establish strong fore check and control neutral zone and block a lot of pucks. Sounds like a recipe for any team, but some teams such as Blues, Hawks and Preds are much better in the D zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Rule change consideration: When playoffs start, competitors get to pick one player from the opposite team to sit out the series.

Kings pick Joe Pavelski!!!!!
No doubt, he is a superstar and having guys like Thornton, Marleau and Burns around just elevates him. That game was off the hook--so intense--the bodies were flying. If the Sharks win it, it really is a shame that a team the caliber of the Kings will be out first round. Let's be honest, all of the teams in the West other than the Wild and Preds will hand any of those East teams, other than Caps, their Ass.