02-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #16
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
Yeah, a wider focal length would be great but I'm not sure I want to spend more money on lenses - the 35mm, 40mm, and 85mm were all purchased in the past month in preparation for this trip!

First stop is actually in Taipei for ~19 hours, then Bangkok for 3 days, then Chiang Mai for 4 days, then Krabi for 1 day, Railay Beach for 1 day, and Koh Phi Phi or Koh Lanta for 1 day, then flying back to Bangkok to make it to the DMK airport for a flight to Siem Reap. In total it will be 10 flights and a few ferry/boat rides. We plan to do a mix of street, temples, and some wilderness out in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. We're hoping to find an elephant sanctuary that isn't booked yet but no luck so far
Taipei has some awesome food - definitely check out Raohe Night market if you're there during evening hours; cheap food, but lots of good interesting things to try (and several to avoid, haha)!

We visited an Elephant sanctuary from Koh Lanta, but we just booked a day trip through our hotel while we were there; you should be able to book something like that during arrival.

You mentioned being a prime only guy, but I've really loved my 16-35/4L for traveling with a wide angle; it's really sharp for a zoom, lightweight, and the IS is pretty awesome. I generally go for versatility when traveling light over pure prime sharpness, as there's less chance of missing a shot if you can't adjust your perspective without moving.

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
TWiTCHY375.50