02-06-2018, 12:13 AM   #10
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I'd probably recommend similar to everyone else - the 35 and 85, and I'd probably have the 35 on my camera most of the time since it serves as a good all-around focal length.

Honestly, I'd really think that you would want something wider too, even though you mention landscape being a bit further down your list; however, there are some pretty incredible landscapes and scenes in throughout the temples and beaches in both countries. The clouds during golden hours in Thailand are breath-taking.

Where are you going in both countries? More beaches and temples, or BKK city and street life?
Yeah, a wider focal length would be great but I'm not sure I want to spend more money on lenses - the 35mm, 40mm, and 85mm were all purchased in the past month in preparation for this trip!

First stop is actually in Taipei for ~19 hours, then Bangkok for 3 days, then Chiang Mai for 4 days, then Krabi for 1 day, Railay Beach for 1 day, and Koh Phi Phi or Koh Lanta for 1 day, then flying back to Bangkok to make it to the DMK airport for a flight to Siem Reap. In total it will be 10 flights and a few ferry/boat rides. We plan to do a mix of street, temples, and some wilderness out in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. We're hoping to find an elephant sanctuary that isn't booked yet but no luck so far