Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
+1

I really do not like Hublah (as I call them). IF you just need to buy one, make sure it's used so you can save the 50% loss in value.

Any of the brands that 1MOREMOD suggested are solid + the ones you suggested.

You're in the Northeast. There are a ton of nice watch stores for you to go and look at them. Make sure you go and actually try on the ones you're interested in. There's no sense in make a decision based on pictures alone.

Also, you can get some great deals on www.watchrecon.com. Just make sure you do your homework regarding the seller.
Definitely looking for pre-owned, but with some discounts being pretty deep, there's often not a huge difference between a good condition used and brand new. Sometimes sellers can be unrealistic.

One thing that concerns me is whether or not any given watch is authentic. There are lots of really good counterfeit models out there.

So far, I'm inclining to the UN model 1183-126 (white dial, arabic numerals, Breguet hands, sapphire back) and perhaps an affordable chronograph for motoring. Guess I'll just wait it out and see what turns up.

Thanks to all for the good ideas!