View Single Post
      04-25-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm in search mode right now for wall decor - metal wall art, canvas prints. I don't know.

We moved into the house a year ago this week. We tore down a few walls, replaced the cabinets and granite in the kitchen, gutted two bathrooms, replaced the stair case.... But all we were going to do was paint.
Houses are so expensive here. What I "wanted" was way too expensive. I'm too old to have a stupid mortgage, so we decided location and property size was the most important.

Anyway, the furniture is pretty much done with the exception of the dining room which remains empty until I find something I really like. I've been looking everywhere for things for the walls. I haven't found anything I really like at the brick and mortar stores so I've been scouring the internet - Art.com, Houzz, Wayfair, It's exhausting.
I was going to recommend Art.com and Houzz before I got to the end of your post. I collect anything old that has patina. To me it's quite interesting to think of the people that used those items, what kind of people they were, what they were going through in life, etc. I frequent old junk stores a lot and buy anything that speaks to me.

My home is pretty modest and small, but it's nice....and paid for! I'll post some pics up later but it's a typical home of a male that lives alone and has a dark side.....we're not talking a dungeon BDSM basement though........yet.....