View Single Post
      10-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #574
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

In fact, you don't need a track to test and feel the interior's plastics quality... they don't need to be pushed to the limit, do they?!

Quote:
Open the door and you’re confronted by a chunky sill that reveals the fat carbon weave of the composite tub. It’s an easier car to climb into than an Exige (or an Elise with the roof fitted), but you still need to be relatively limber to twist and lower yourself in. The interior strikes a fine balance between style and simplicity; there’s a lot of plastic, but careful texturing ensures it isn’t offensive and the honesty of it suits the stripped-back nature of the car. It’s more plush than a Lotus, with greater concessions made to trimming the interior and creating a more welcoming, less hardcore cockpit environment. The seats look good and offer decent lateral support, but they are slightly too upright for my liking, something I’ll be reminded of the morning after this test by a twinge in my lower back.