View Single Post
      07-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #2402
S1nner
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2018 F15 N55, 2014 F10 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
If you have any hope of being 100% in the gym following your injury be diligent in the recovery process and your rehab. The worst decision you can make is getting back after it too early. Patience, patience, and more patience. I am lucky enough to never have suffered a shoulder dislocation, although I have plenty of friends that have. Even had to put them back into place a few times which is disgusting lol. Unfortunately after an injury of that caliber the chance of another dislocation is higher due to the ligaments, tendons, and other muscle fibers tearing during the process. This is why you need to be careful and slowly strengthen those surrounding fibers to ensure dislocation does not continue to happen. After the injury, depending on what your focus is, there may be some movements you will want to stay away from. Your stabilizer muscles are weakened through the dislocation, hence unsupported/unguided shoulder presses can often cause the shoulder to pop back out of socket. Snatches, clean & press, BB overhead press, DB overhead press are all relatively risky. You can minimize that risk by using smith/hammer strength machines or anything that locks the movement path in.

Just take your time, the gym is not going anywhere. As we all know, progress is the gym once to a certain point is painstakingly slow. If you do not have the patience to rehab, you will not make it in the long run!

Good luck man and hope the recovery process goes smooth!
Thank you!!! I really appreciate it! Yeah, definitely taking my time. As doc said at least 6 weeks of physical therapy before I can get back there.
JP102462.00