________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Don't know if someone else has addressed it but you are way way off base with point 2. BMWFS =/= BMW AG. First point. Second - any dollar they "lose" between your predetermined residual buyout value and their resale price as CPO/Pre-Owned is 100% a corporate write off. The important # for the corporate bottom line, in this quarterly world we now reside in, is Units Moved. The poster you are replying to is certainly an asset to BMW.

BMW does not "buy back" anything. They were the owner before they let you rent it for 3 years, the owner over that 3 years, and still the owner when you turn it in. There is no incurred cost to them if you choose to not buy the car out beyond what they'd spend to CPO any regular trade in vehicle.

The guys history also shows - E9x Euro Deliver (Worse lease interest rate than on a US Delivery), a 335is (Definitely weren't being blown out as lease specials) and a 340i (unless he got it in the past 6 months, I don't recall any blowout leases on those either).

And someone else already did address the artificially inflated residuals being accounted for by BMW.
Poor choice of words , my bad. I meant BMW has to take the car back, unlike some other leases where a finance company owns a car and has to deal it upon its lease turn in. I still think BMW is losing money on heavily subsidized leases.
I'm sure they appreciate you looking out for them and take your concern to heart...
Appreciate 1