View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

For a dang good reason - if the Government can spy/store/analyze, they will.

And spy/store/analyze they do -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

The 4th Amendment says the Government can't force you to give up your deep, dark secrets without a warrant, but if you voluntarily give the details of your private life to the Government in the name of convenience, well, allrighty then.

Me? I personally don't do "cloud" anything. "Cloud" is just a fancy term for somebody else's computer. A "somebody else" you will never meet, you don't know and probably don't even know where they are.

Having said that - I do have a smart home, well, sorta. I custom designed mine. I'm using an Allen-Bradley SLC500. My attic vents open/close with preset temp limits, same with my foundation vents. I water the lawn, clean the pool, drain the hot tub, all with the push of a button and no internet, no "cloud". Motion sensors inside the house keep track of me and if the outside sensors get tripped while I am inside, it tells me the pizza is here.

Last edited by jimbobiggens; 06-12-2019 at 06:47 PM..