06-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #69
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc503 View Post
When I tried CX for the first time last year, I just about forgot I'd need different shoes etc., so I used my old mtb stuff. Finally, decided to splurge a little (or a lot).

I love boas for in ride adjustment for sure. I know a lot of people switching to Bonts recently, especially the mold-able ones. They seem pretty awesome, I may try them soon at some point.
Having only worn mtn bike shoes, I was surprised by the efficiency that comes with the stiff carbon soles.

These are the Bonts that i have. Popped them in the oven and molded them prior to wearing and so far i've never given my feet a second though when riding.

The wife's new Sidi Road shoes. This boa system is a little different. Twist to tighten them, but there are two notches to squeeze to release them. She chose them because of the boa and because the carbon soles are vented. Mostly because of the vent i think. haha