View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 12:52 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Bimmerpost definitely progressed when they got rid of the political forum.

That place was a dumpster fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think it sucks that we can't have full blown political conversations here, nor or many of the forums I frequent and/or moderate. I get the reasoning from the admin side, but it still sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Could you imagine the absolute chit-show Pol/Rel would be at this moment?
About the former 'Politics & Religion' section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Dear members and readers,

After some lengthy deliberation, BIMMERPOST has decided that it is no longer in the best interest of the site to maintain a Politics & Religion section. The section's original intent when it was created years ago was to provide an arena where users could respectfully discuss such topics.

Unfortunately, we believe that the section has now become more harmful and divisive than it is beneficial to the BIMMERPOST community.

This community is at its core united by passion for BMW and many of us enjoy the forums specifically because it stands apart from the issues that may divide us -- political/religious or otherwise, that may exist elsewhere.

We know that not everyone will agree with this decision, but we hope this makes the forum a more enjoyable and welcoming place for all. To this end, we continue to ask that all users refrain from posts discussing politics and religion, and stick to what we are all here for — BMW and automotive discussions.

Please do not make threads or posts to discuss this decision as it's final. Such discussions will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.