11-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #20
*bimmervibe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Just saw this thread so I'll put in my input. I bought myself an m35i and I certainly don't regret it. I had an x3 30i as a loaner for a couple days due to a recall and I couldn't wait to get out of it! This one to me. Felt pretty bloated inside and out. Ie I've driven older gen x3 and the interior still felt clean. The throttle issue is definitely different but I've sort of gotten used to it and I seem to understand the conditions that trigger it. I did not try to reproduce it in the x3 loaner, although I kind of wish right now I did try. The x3 will be a little roomier and less claustrophobic in the rear. The m35i driving experience is night and day however. In a way very much so when going from the 30i to the 40i. I really enjoy the b58 6 cyl engine but it seemed a bit much.. and pricey to get a car I wanted with it (probably would have been the x3.. or maybe even a 3 or 4 series.). So my take home is... If your wife enjoys driving your 228 then you really need the x2 m35i or.. the m40i model of the x3.. Nothing else will compare for what you've set out to get.
Thank you for the input. I'm kind of getting to the same conclusions. I definitely need another test drive before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0