View Single Post
      08-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Salt Protection and Winter Tires (advice please)

Hi everyone, a couple of months ago I made a post that I would be taking my car out to Indiana when I start law school and August has crept up on me. The car will be shipping out on Wednesday.

I've driven my old 335is in the snow a bit (on the stock run flats too.....), but it was at the end of the lease and only a couple of times. I want to get the best protection possible for my M3.

Although I'm not planning on driving much during the winter (thankfully I found an apartment that is both within walking distance of the campus and has a covered garage), I will probably invest in a set of all weather or winter tires. (Blizzaks were recommended, but so were general all weather tires). What other recommendations to people have?

Also, what is the deal with salt protection? I've heard of armorall? It's something I've never had to do or research before, but I want to protect my M3 from the elements as much as possible!

Thank you for any advice!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0