View Single Post
      10-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep

Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Personally I hate real chrome. I think it looks dated and "blingy." I have a 97 Harley Sportster completely covered in chrome and I'm so tempted to black it out its not even funny. Trouble is, it cost me about $3700, and I know for a fact all those little parts are gonna add up in a hurry! I will always order "shadowline" or something of the sort because I hate the chrome window strips and grill accents with a passion (the window strips in particular) and on my old Cherokee I vinyl wrapped them satin black.

I don't particularly think I would ever get a matte finish, but they can be cool in certain situations. That's probably the most likely of the 3 to be a "flash in the pan."

Black wheels I think look great on certain cars. I went with the half blacks on my m3 and I think they are a great pairing with Sakhir Orange, especially since the car comes with mostly black accents anyway (which is a huge plus in my opinion).

I'm 27, and when I think there was a time and a place for chrome accents, its pretty much gone. I think the fact that Buick and Chrysler and Ford (the trucks especially, stop chroming the trucks!) throw chrome and fake plastic chrome on literally every inch of their cars really started to detract from the coolness of it for me.

Down with chrome, in with shadowline. I'm not for "blacking out" everything, but within reason I think it looks better. I will definitely get the gloss black grill inserts upfront, those should have been black like all the other accents from the get go!

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red