Canada
Rep

Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Matte paint color, Blacked out Chrome, Blacked out wheels.

Of course I'm in my 50's and that seems for the most part to be the dividing point, but really believe those 3 accents are a "Flash in the Pan" that will have sudden and brief success into the future like Vanilla Ice.

Your thoughts....
How dare you insult Vanilla Ice!

Anyway, disagree on the long term impact of these trends.

Matte paint is/will always be a small niche area due to the increased difficulty of maintaining it (particularly in places with snow, salt, etc). But it distinguishes a car and will be an option for some time yet.

Black wheels and black accents really depend on the car. Doesn't work with every car, but it works with some.

Over time, what is considered 'normal' or 'good looking' changes. The once-standard fins of the 50s are gone as are lots of other once-standard designs. The prevalence of chrome as the overwhelming or only accent of choice (wheels, trim, etc) may be passing its apex. In the modern world, cars are much easier to individualize and I think the long term trend will be for more, not less, in the way of efforts to distinguish. Today it is with black accents or matte paint. Tomorrow, could be something else - but that doesn't mean that black and matte will go away or that chrome will return as the only or dominant option.