07-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #208
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERGUY91 View Post
Let me start by saying this. I don't believe this as strongly as I once did but I still believe it. Jordan is the greatest ever at this point due to his awards and his absolute killers mentality.

BUT...

Lebron is the most impressive physical specimen to ever play the game of basketball. He is a 6'8" 260lb NFL linebacker but with the speed and hands of an elite wide receiver and an off the charts basketball IQ.

Jordan might have averaged more points over his career BUT that is simply because Lebron does not have a score first mentality. He elevates the play of those around him. He distributes the ball like Magic Johnson, rebounds like Rodman and when he decides to (as evidenced by his NBA Finals stats) can score like MJ. He has around 30% more triple doubles than MJ in less time.

No he does not have 6 rings but that is due to the level of talent surrounding him rather than his own downfalls. The 2007 Cavs had no business any where near the Finals. The 2015 Cavs were so thin by the time they reached the Finals that they were basically playing with a bunch of has beens and scrubs. The only Finals loss I would directly attribute to LBJ is the 2011 NBA Finals where he completely disappeared.

I believe if Lebron could have willed his team to a Finals victory this year with Love and Irving injured he would probably have surpassed Jordan as the GOAT.

No he would not
Lebron plays mediocre defense , mj is #3 on the all time steals list
If he could have made his teammates better they would not have lost to the spurs and he got outplayed by kawhi Leonard in the final 3 games
He isn't even better than Kobe career wise in accolades and I'm the biggest Kobe hater
Lebron needs to win 10+ scoring titles
A dpoy
Go undefeated in the finals
6 finals mvps
JUST to be on the same level as mj
As far as I'm concerned Tim Duncan has had a better career than lebron so far
2003 spurs championship roster
Duncan
90yrold David Robinson
Effectively non offensive threat other than corner 3 that must be spoon fed Bruce Bowen
Parkers 2nd yr in the league
Rooky manu
Steve Kerr
Kevin Willis
Malik rose
Danny ferry
Speedy claxton
Stephen Jackson

That look like a talented all star roster to you?
Yet they beat a young and talented athletic nets team featuring
J Kidd
Prime Vince Carter, Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson
Mutombo and Kittles were still young and spry

TD carried that team on his back
21pts/20rbnds/10asts &8 blocks

Last edited by pikkagtr; 07-24-2015 at 02:37 PM..