02-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #8
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
That's a nice car. I'm not a fan of the 911 vert. Seems odd looking when the top is down, it kind of looks like the top was scooped off with a spoon.

Porsches are funny in the way they hold their value. My two cents is go buy CPO as you'll get better service than used but may pay a bit more. Take your time and figure out exactly what you want. Milage, model, options etc.

If you pull the trigger too quickly you may find yourself regretting what you didn't get. I would suggest that getting at minimum an "S" for the increased power and wider rear fenders. It looks like a Porsche. Do you want AWD? I am old school and wanted RWD only.

Do you want manual, they are harder to find in the new models but they are around, I think that manuals hold their value better. I think you need to figure out where you stand on Porsche, more traditional vs modern tech.

Once you buy, then you'll be hooked and always looking and may find you want to move up. What do you want the car for? Weekend cruiser, DD or track weapon. Spending the money on a GT3 may not be what you want unless you're a track guy. Great car but a lot of money if you won't be tracking it. You might want to look at Rennslist as a source to answer specific questions.

Good luck

Jim

Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 02-28-2019 at 07:43 AM..
paliknight2192.50