View Single Post
      04-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

+1 on wear what you like. I'm not a Rolex guy but that's just me. One thing I would suggest is having a nice mix in your collection. For instance, depending on the F1 you've got I'd skip the Aquatimer I referenced above if they look too similar. No idea what you do for a living, not in reference to budget but just what you wear on a daily basis etc, but maybe mix in something a bit less sporty? If not go with a pilot's watch? Omega Ploprof is a super unique bulletproof watch but a bit of a budget stretch and either love it or hate it kind of thing.

If you want to go the vintage route, something super unusual, lots of wrist presence, etc and not blow the budget there are a number of very nice converted pocket watches available. IWC, Jaeger, omega all prewar. If you're comfortable with a 50mm case or bigger there are some sexy things out there around $1k if you look around and are patient. Just because you can spend $4k doesn't mean you have to in order to round out your collection and get something cool.