CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I'm relatively young, and still believe that social media is the downfall of society. Younger people become infatuated with what they see on instagram and the alike. When it comes to fight or flight the option is always the latter, because it is easier and they feel they are entitled to more. Sickening to an extent. If I ever become single again I doubt I'd ever tough those dating apps, they destroy ones self esteem if they allow it too (obviously this doesnt apply to all). I on the other hand love conflicts, there is a right and a wrong way to handle everything, but they are intellectually satisfying (as long as the opposing party isn't automatically offended by the thought of idea that are different then their own).
I believe we are probably close in age (I turn 30 in a few days), and I agree that social media has become the downfall of society. Sure, there are plenty of good points about it (like this forum), but for the most part it is used in a negative way. As a single guy, dating apps and social media have changed dating forever, in a very negative way. Women are constantly approached by a never-ending line of men who usually turn out to be temporary, but they have obviously no way of knowing that usually until it's too late, causing the more long-term guys to be pushed aside. They also use social media as a form of comfort to check in and make sure someone is "legit" and not a rapist (as if rapists don't have Facebook?). I deleted my Facebook during college, and it actually had a very different impact on my dating life then. Women thought it was "mysterious" and interesting. Now people just think you are a looney, out of touch with modern society, etc, and dismiss you if you don't have any social media.

I'll admit I use Facebook to keep in touch with distant family members occasionally, or to buy/sell stuff on marketplace, and snapchat with a few car guy friends to share pics of car stuff. Never instagram, and never twitter. In fact I wish I never got on Facebook or snapchat, but the way I live with it is to never post anything, have only 3-4 non-assuming pictures, and very little information on there.
vreihen1615481.00
JP102465.00