05-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #13
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Good write up and I agree with pretty much everything after getting out of my second xDrive test drive this morning. First car had adaptive suspension and this car had M sport fixed. It was noticeably stiffer than comfort on adaptive but still fine by my standards. I would say about like "normal" (middle) in my E92 M3 with EDC.

Speaking of E92 M3, the M340i is very similar IMO, except of course noise, RWD, and a smidge of turbo lag. Nothing can compare to throttle response and sounds from the S65 but I was not disappointed with the driving dynamics of the M340i and I think it is a great replacement for the 4th gen M3. This 3er handles very very well with steering that does not make me want for hydraulic and a front end that is much more F80 than E92M. My CA let me basically do whatever so I took it to 115 which it handled like a champ with no wander or vaguery. It's very pinned down and solid like my E92.

So yeah I'm going to get one and go for Tanzanite over oyster with oak open pore. Just got to find the right price but this is a special car and I can't imagine what the G80 is going to be like.
Great analysis bro, made my decision of skipping M adaptive suspension a good choice. I guess if you wanted the sportiest ride without compromising anything, M sport passive is the way to go.