View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Charleston SC Tips?

Long story short my fiance and I are considering a move to the Charleston area. My work would be in North Charleston specifically.

We are trying to determine where we want to buy. My fiance and I went down last weekend to check out the area. We were all over the place; downtown charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Summerville, Goose Creek, Sullivans Island, Daniel Island etc. W

We did not get a chance to check out James or Johns island, so any advice on those areas would be appreciated.

Bottom line is we are pretty much at a cross roads as to what we want and where we want to live. We enjoy great food, night life, the beach. The problem is the updated spacious house with a yard that we are looking for is within our budget in places like Summerville and Johns Island (a few in James Island), but less so in Daniel Island and Mount Pleasant. Ideally Daniel Island or Mount Pleasant would be the perfect area, but for our budget there isn't much available except for houses that haven't been updated in maybe a decade or more.

We did find a few places in North Charleston, but my Fiance is not a fan of how run down/industrial the area looks. I am aware that it hasn't been a good area in the past, but have heard it is starting to make a comeback around park circle.

Bottom line, given what our interests are would you think that we would be more content closer to downtown and the beach (Mount Pleasant/Daniel Island) and giving up our high house tastes, or should we go for a house further away in Nexton or Cane Bay and get everything we want (yard, garage, updated, 4bds). Before it is mentioned, yes I understand that the commute from North Charleston to Summerville or Goose Creek would be a hike with traffic. Working in Philly that doesn't bother me all that much. I am not opposed to North Charleston, but given my fiances opinion we would need a little more convincing.

I appreciate any advice/knowledge on the area.