Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i need to look MK for accurate info but KERS used only by few teams one year and the next year refueling was banned KERS were not though even if nobody was using it..
but im sure it was in '09 or '10..

i agree with you.. and that sprint full speed spirit i guess ended right after quali engine days were over also when you dig deeper...

and forgot to add.. i hate "temps are so high" phrase as well.. cooling wise not tires.. you shave time by cooling less.. but you cant go faster and get closer to the front to overtake..
Here is a quickie on KERS from Wikipedia

Warning: Lewis was the first driver to achieve a win and a pole position using KERS. This may set a few people off.

Formula One

Formula One has stated that they support responsible solutions to the world's environmental challenges,[7] and the FIA allowed the use of 60 kW (82 PS; 80 bhp) KERS in the regulations for the 2009 Formula One season.[8] Teams began testing systems in 2008: energy can either be stored as mechanical energy (as in a flywheel) or as electrical energy (as in a battery or supercapacitor).[9]
Kimi Räikkönen took the lead of the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix with a KERS-aided overtake and subsequently won the race.

With the introduction of KERS in the 2009 season, only four teams used it at some point in the season: Ferrari, Renault, BMW and McLaren. Eventually, during the season, Renault and BMW stopped using the system. Nick Heidfeld was the first driver to take a podium position with a KERS equipped car, at the Malaysian Grand Prix. McLaren Mercedes became the first team to win an F1 GP using a KERS equipped car when Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand Prix on July 26, 2009. Their second KERS equipped car finished fifth. At the following race, Lewis Hamilton became the first driver to take pole position with a KERS car, his teammate, Heikki Kovalainen qualifying second. This was also the first instance of an all KERS front row. On August 30, 2009, Kimi Räikkönen won the Belgian Grand Prix with his KERS equipped Ferrari. It was the first time that KERS contributed directly to a race victory, with second placed Giancarlo Fisichella claiming "Actually, I was quicker than Kimi. He only took me because of KERS at the beginning".[10]

Although KERS was still legal in F1 in the 2010 season, all the teams had agreed not to use it.[11] New rules for the 2011 F1 season which raised the minimum weight limit of the car and driver by 20 kg to 640 kg,[12] along with the FOTA teams agreeing to the use of KERS devices once more, meant that KERS returned for the 2011 season.[13] Use of KERS was still optional as in the 2009 season; and at the start of the 2011 season three teams chose not to use it.[14]

WilliamsF1 developed their own flywheel-based KERS system but decided not to use it in their F1 cars due to packaging issues, and have instead developed their own electrical KERS system. However, they set up Williams Hybrid Power to sell their developments. In 2012 it was announced that the Audi Le Mans R18 hybrid cars would use Williams Hybrid Power.[15]

Since 2014, the power capacity of the KERS units were increased from 60 kilowatts (80 bhp) to 120 kilowatts (160 bhp). This was introduced to balance the sport's move from 2.4 litre V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 turbo engines.[16]

EDIT: Refueling was banned in 2010 so there was 1 year of overlap of the systems.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
minn1914015.00
yco5724.50