View Single Post
      11-17-2021, 03:53 AM   #39
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
This is one of the public's misconceptions about the vaccines. People assume, because the vaccine came out so fast, that it wasn't tested. The reality is that Covid-19 is a Coronavirus. The common cold is a Coronavirus. Let that sink in... the Common Cold IS a Coronavirus. We have vaccines for MERS and SARS, each of which is a Coronavirus. All we needed to do was change the vaccines a little bit to cover the new Novel Coronavirus. So the current Vaccines we have are considered safe because of all of the previous work and tests done when developing this new vaccine. Sure we should and could test more, but by that time the world would have lost at least 1/3rd if not more of the population before we roll out the vaccine. So, because this new Coronavirus is a lot more contagious and a lot more deadly, we needed to take action to get ahead of it and try to control the spread. I can almost guarantee that if this virus was really contagious, but didn't kill anyone, we wouldn't care, just like the common cold.

***I'm not a scientist nor would I consider myself an authority on any of this. It is up to you to ask questions and do your own research. I am merely putting forth what I know as a Respiratory Therapist and from my first hand knowledge and experience.***
This is 100% incorrect. Vaccines for MERS and SARS never came to market because of VAERD which stands for vaccine associated enhanced respiratory disease. The potential for getting VAERD is the reason I do not advocate getting the J&J or the AstraZeneca COVID vaccinations.

The mRNA technology used in the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines has not been used previously as a vaccine. It has been previously used in various cancer therapies.

One hesitation I had about the new COVID vaccines was the potential development of VAERD and my concerns were valid. I now have two family members that have suffered greatly because of the vaccines. My brother has viral cardiomyopathy from the vaccine and my wife's nephew at 22 years old just had open heart surgery as a result from the vaccine. There is good and bad with everything we do and each must be examined closely. My fear is that the bad of the vaccines is not being examined closely.
540iSUP704.00