Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
@Sedan_Clan

You might appreciate these. Never wore 'em as they're heavy as all hell. Air Force 1 SWAT edition. Reinforced toe and heel (steel toe) and other nuances.
What are they for? Work, or just for fun?
They were just limited quick strike. Nike paying homage to LEOs back in like 2004 I think it was. Just thought they were neat with the steel toes and heels lol.

And younger me thought I'd be like Sedan and go into law enforcement.
There's still time. There will be a mass exodus over this vaccine too. Come on in…..
Y'all can't afford me. All kidding aside, I'd be down in a few years to do reserve.

Man, Seattle gonna get desperate and hire anybody and everybody. Something crazy like almost 50% exodus. Their median pay is over 150K a year up there. Just beat cops.

Down here I heard BH and Pasadena are some of the most coveted departments. I'm sure down in the OC as well. I know a former LAPD detective who jumped on a chance to go back to being in a squad car for BHPD. Makes much more money as a beat cop for BH than detective LAPD.
I used to date a girl in Seattle; two actually. One lived in Green Lake and the other in Bothell, so I became really familiar with the area. Seattle P.D. is the worst department there. King County Sheriff was an option that I considered lateraling to, but they've shit the bed too. The Port Police seems to be the department to work for in Seattle. Well, it was the last time I was there two years ago.

BHPD makes a good base pay. At the top end (Step 5), a beat officer at BHPD makes almost as much as top step deputies on my department with advanced POST. LAPD isn't paid as much, so it makes sense that he jumped at the opportunity to go back to BHPD. Less work for more pay.

I have no interest in pushing a car forever, that's why I left the CHP and went to a Sheriff's Department. Significantly more opportunity, especially when it comes to earning stripes and getting coveted spots.
Why am I not surprised at the women up in WA, lol. You must stress out when it's close to Father's Day. Wondering if this is the year you get a knock on the door.

Yeah BHPD is wildin'. They get all the cool toys as well. Sergeants roll around in Mercedes lol.
Attached Images

DNYC1919478.00