Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Since a colleague has one, in real life the little changes make it look quite aggressive. There is both an M5CS and Plaid in our office parking lot on many days…the Plaid easily holds it's own from exterior styling perspective.
You see this is what I mean. I cannot disagree more. I mean sincerely disagree. I think most M’s, the 3,5 and 8 are in a completely different league of looks than the plaid. In my opinion it’s not fair to even compare they are that much better. This is why I’m so confused and I started this thread. The plaid is $140,000. Yes it’s fast as lightning and faster than anything else but as everyone points out especially those that dislike the new G80 you have to be able to walk up to your car and say you love the way it looks. I think all Tesla‘s lack a sports car look that should come with something that’s fast. I have no idea why Tesla didn’t make the fastest car in the fleet look awesome like a Mustang or a Corvette or a Camaro or an M car. This is why I’m asking here to see if some of you think they did. I think it lacks looks so bad that it would definitely keep me from buying it. I could swing the pricing although it would be painful. Aside from the looks I would consider it because of its extreme speed but the way it looks totally dominates the speed benefits in my opinion and therefore would cancel any decision I would make to purchase one. Another example. The dodge charger and challenger both are very fast and sick muscle cars but I don’t like the way either one of them look at all so therefore because of that I could never buy one. Just like some here don’t like the new G80 even know they love the history of the M3 they are not going to fork over 90K if they don’t like the looks of the thing and it bothers them. I don’t blame them one bit for that.

Another question I have an I suppose I could learn this from watching a YouTube video but since we are discussing it here how does the plaid handle compared to an M car? Is it great at cornering and breaking? I did read comments on this forum that the parts inside the car seem cheap and flimsy. Any truth to that?
The interior is fine. Although not as nice as an M5 - not even close. Around the Nurburgring it is about as quick as the M5CS.

But it has 'very' comfortable seats (although feels a little rubbery to me - as cnet also noted in their Model Y review), the audio system is 'great' the interior is clean and spacious and sound isolation is also very good, but the yoke is a completely unnecessary gimmick. The guy I know who owns the Plaid used to drive a 750i X Drive and loves the Plaid - yoke and all.

Personally, I'd buy the M5CS over the Plaid, but I think most people would spend the money on the Tesla over the M5CS - which is a fact given relative sales. Sales does not equal better, but at the same price point it means something…

Last edited by FCX5; 11-27-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Patton2502938.00
Vic5519240.00